eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Green Card

Notices

Green Card Discuss all things about the coveted card which is no longer green in color!

Old January 13th, 2009, 05:56 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Worth immigrating to canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by max de Indiana View Post
well said
Repped
decide yourself
check this link
http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20417
Please calm down. Too much excitement is not known to be beneficial to Indian-Canadians. Why cant you be like ShakitiManbhai's friends? Act progressive?
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old January 13th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Please calm down. Too much excitement is not known to be beneficial to Indian-Canadians. Why cant you be like ShakitiManbhai's friends? Act progressive?
Canada is a very big country.. 2nd biggest after Russia
....I dont know about whole canada....but Some Canadian provice are far better than any US state

eg Saskatchewan...
worlds largest Uranium reserve, so many oil, potash, and other reserves.

even when world is suffering from economic slowdown...this provice is booming and leading whole canada.

and most important thing..we dont need to fear Osama
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell_Bhai View Post
Is it worth immigrating to canada? GC seems to be taking too long in US. Anyone here knows someone who immigrated to canada from US? If so how was the experience?
I am sure you already know that Canada is a beautiful country with lots of opportunities. Even though it’s been hit by the global credit crunch, it’s still doing better than many countries with many major banks performance being great in the first quarter itself.
Look into the below blog if you get a chance. Life in Canada, challenges to get a PR and many more details have been discussed here extensively. I hope this will be of some use to you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php

Last edited by Rakhi; January 28th, 2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

The forum is for opinions. My opinion is Dont move to Canada. It is cold white racist country. there are no IT jobs. It is as big as Russia but you dont move to Russia do you ?

If you have options stick it out in US. We indians don't ride snow mobiles, we dont play ice hockey and we don't speak french . Why would we want to live in Canada.

I am saying this although I have a cousin in Canada in Missisaga. He is very famous singer and he is getting married . So I am not biased towards anything but giving you my opinion.

and innocent_boy you are fuking duplicate Id of Chadhakya who was banned and insulted and disgraced and thrown out of this site. I have nothing to say to you. Blah.
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
The forum is for opinions. My opinion is Dont move to Canada. It is cold white racist country. there are no IT jobs. It is as big as Russia but you dont move to Russia do you ?

If you have options stick it out in US. We indians don't ride snow mobiles, we dont play ice hockey and we don't speak french . Why would we want to live in Canada.

I am saying this although I have a cousin in Canada in Missisaga. He is very famous singer and he is getting married . So I am not biased towards anything but giving you my opinion.

and innocent_boy you are fuking duplicate Id of Chadhakya who was banned and insulted and disgraced and thrown out of this site. I have nothing to say to you. Blah.
Sorry, wasn’t aware this forum is for opinions only.

But I have to disagree with you though. Canada NOT a racist country. Cold, yes but not a racist country. Aren’t you generalizing when you say “We Indians don't ride snow mobiles, we dont play ice hockey and we don't speak French. Why would we want to live in Canada?”

Well, in any case I hope my post helped Mitchell_Bhai for whom my response was intended.
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Sorry, wasn’t aware this forum is for opinions only.

But I have to disagree with you though. Canada NOT a racist country. Cold, yes but not a racist country. Aren’t you generalizing when you say “We Indians don't ride snow mobiles, we dont play ice hockey and we don't speak French. Why would we want to live in Canada?”

Well, in any case I hope my post helped Mitchell_Bhai for whom my response was intended.
You can either opinions or facts. Post some facts from reliable sources. About generalizing yes we always have to talk with general popultion in mind. If you can speak french , and wear Canadian underwear then more power to you. Canda not being racist is your opininon.
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:27 AM
unbanned and unstoppable

gayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant future

Quote:

I am not sure if Canada is a racist place but I agree with dirty that IT opportunities are very limited. I have a few friends who are from canada and say it sucks for techies
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
You know "progressive" desis from Canada! Progressive? From Canada? Progressive desis from Canada? From Canada?

ShaktiManbhai ... you must be pretty backward. One will have to be from Bihar to consider having met "progressive" desis from Canada. Progressive desis from Canada? From Canada? Progressive?

Let me check the dicsionary for meaning to word "progressive" ... may be I am mistaking in meaning understanding.
What a slumdoggish opinion...as if canadians are regressive to someone from Rajasthan... Canadians can speak french and that makes them progressive..Arent French supposed to be more progressive than English?

In case you are still searching for dictionary ..here is the meaning..

progressive |prəˈgresiv|
adjective
1 happening or developing gradually or in stages; proceeding step by step : a progressive decline in popularity.
• (of a disease or ailment) increasing in severity or extent : progressive liver failure.
• (of taxation or a tax) increasing as a proportion of the sum taxed as that sum increases : steeply progressive income taxes.
• (of a card game or dance) involving a series of sections for which participants successively change place or relative position.
• archaic engaging in or constituting forward motion.
2 (of a group, person, or idea) favoring or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas : a relatively progressive governor.
• favoring or promoting change or innovation : a progressive art school.
• relating to or denoting a style of rock music popular esp. in the 1980s and characterized by classical influences, the use of keyboard instruments, and lengthy compositions.
3 Grammar denoting an aspect or tense of a verb that expresses an action in progress, e.g., am writing, was writing. Also called continuous .
noun
1 a person advocating or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas.
2 Grammar a progressive tense or aspect : the present progressive.
3 (also progressive proof) (usu. progressives) Printing each of a set of proofs of color work, showing all the colors separately and the cumulative effect of overprinting them.
]

Check the second meaning...." favoring or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas ".... Now this proves that Canada is more progressive than US.....as(I knoe maxi gonna hate this)...Same-sex marriage is allowed in Canada..
QED.

Last edited by chitrala; January 28th, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayaguzra#1 View Post
I am not sure if Canada is a racist place but I agree with dirty that IT opportunities are very limited. I have a few friends who are from canada and say it sucks for techies

Yes, IT opportunities are limited in Canada or at least that’s what I keep hearing. Surprisingly though, all my friends could make it to IT jobs with really good pay. I guess it also depends on which province you are in as well. Some of them seem to be doing well than the others, like in most countries.

As far as Canada being racist or not, others in this forum seem to be very knowledgeable about it (Negative side of Canada). I don’t know what experiences they have come across to arrive at this conclusion, so let me not even try to dispute their argument.

Speaking for myself, I, having lived in Canada for over 16 years now, dont think Canada is racist country. I think the contrary.

Last edited by Rakhi; January 28th, 2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
[color=black][font=Verdana]...

Speaking for myself, I, having lived in Canada for over 16 years now, dont think Canada is racist country. I think the contrary.

That's because of all the wine you have... wine makes your mind fuzzy and your eyes foggy... that way everyone looks warm and friendly

Anyway racist is what racist does... Durry pai himself is so racist, that everyone looks racist to him. He even calls me racist, can you believe that

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Worth immigrating to canada?

I dont know all other things but I love Canada only for one thing - my favourite band RUSH is from Canada.
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
That's because of all the wine you have... wine makes your mind fuzzy and your eyes foggy... that way everyone looks warm and friendly

Oh well! what can i say you caught me ...
you fall under the same category, dont you?
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post

Anyway racist is what racist does... Durry pai himself is so racist, that everyone looks racist to him. He even calls me racist, can you believe that
Sane that was before I realized your love for Islam. After I found out how much you love muslims I stopped.
and I am not rasicst.

I have no problem with whites , Paki Taxi Drivers , Black felons and Mexican Gardners. I also have no problems with korean dry cleaner and gulti software programmers.
I also buy tickets from vegetarian , canadian travel agents. And of course I completely approve same travel agent sleeping with his canadian chaddi partner.
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh well! what can i say you caught me ...
you fall under the same category, dont you?
And you caught me too... looks like we are playing pakda pakdi

Quote:
Sane that was before I realized your love for Islam. After I found out how much you love muslims I stopped.
and I am not rasicst.

I have no problem with whites , Paki Taxi Drivers , Black felons and Mexican Gardners. I also have no problems with korean dry cleaner and gulti software programmers.
I also buy tickets from vegetarian , canadian travel agents. And of course I completely approve same travel agent sleeping with his canadian chaddi partner.
You have made me emotional, Durry pai... my eyes are watering... aankhon mein aansoo aa gaye. Chal aaja, galey mil ja. We'll just have to make sure that Rakihee tai hamarey beech kahin phas na jaye

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody knows how Canada got its name?

Well, a bunch of early settlers got together and said, "What do we call this wonderful place?"

So they decided to write down letters of the English alphabet in little pieces of paper and put them all in a hat. Then pull one out at a time and to create a name.

So the chief pulled out the first letter and said, "C, eh"

Then second letter, "N, eh"

And third letter, "D, eh"

And thats how the name was coined.