eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Polls

Notices

Polls Polls for anything and everything

View Poll Results: Who will win Maharashtra State Assembly elections 2009?
Congress 2 8.70%
Congress + NCP 14 60.87%
BJP + Shiv Sena 7 30.43%
MNS + some independents 0 0%
MNS + NCP 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 31st, 2009, 01:24 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Who will win the maharashtra assembly elections

Election Commission of India (ECI) on Monday announced Electronic Voting Machines will be used in all the three States-Maharashtra, Haryana, and Arunachal Pradesh that undergo elections on October 13.

The single-phased elections will be held for total 438 State Assembly seats-- 288 (Maharashtra), 90 (Haryana), and 60 (Arunachal).

Addressing a press conference, Chief Election Commissioner Naveen Chawla said that the three States of Maharashtra, Haryana, and Arunachal Pradesh will undergo Assembly elections of October 13 and the counting will be held on October 22.

He added that "The decision has been taken after considering the all the factors including public holidays, academic calendar, climatic conditions, time required to deployment of forces etc."

The voting will be done through Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs). Use of any religious place for election campaigning and seeking votes on the basis of religion or Jaati will amount to violation of code of conduct for elections, the CEC said.

The notification of the election would be issued on September 18, the last day for filing of nomination will be September 25, scrutiny of nomination will be held n September 26, and the last day for withdrawing of nomination will be September 29.

The election process will complete on October 25.

The Election Commissioned also prohibited police personnel or officials from being appointed in their home cities.

Chawla said the election Commission has decided to hold the election as per the electoral roll prepared for the General elections held in May. But still the commission has decided to hold a special round of revision as per 1-1-2009.

"No official having a controversial record will be appointed during the poll process," said the CEC.

Over 7, 55,000 people in Arunachal Pradesh, 1,20,63,000 in Haryana, and over 7,56,34,000 people are registered in the electoral roles.

The election commission will set up 2,061 booths I Arunachal Pradesh, 12,894 in Haryana and 82,028 booths in Maharashtra for the polling.

The Election Commission has also directed its all State Election Boards to start help lines for public.

There are 82,028 (Maharashtra), 12,894 (Haryana), and 2,061 (Arunachal Pradesh) polling centres in the three states.

The percentage of people having voter identity cards in three States is 67 % (Maharashtra), 99% (Haryana), and 87 % (Arunachal Pradesh).

Chawla said a camera will be installed in each and every polling booth and the CD will remain with the custody of the District Election Officer (DEO). Any individual, who would like to have a copy of the CD, can get the same from the DEO by paying the prescribed fee.

He also asked the DEO to retain a master copy of the CD, so that it will help the commission to produce the details in case of any writs were filed in the court relating the election disputes.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/2009083...ashtra-ha.html

Last edited by ashdoc; August 31st, 2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old August 31st, 2009, 01:31 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who will win the maharashtra assembly elections

Having a video recording is all good as it makes the process more transparent. However, care should be taken that the actual machine and the voter pressing the button should not be captured, else it wont be a secret ballot.

As for Maharashtra, I have a gut feeling that Congress will go alone and not tie up with NCP. NCP will definitely get a few seats but wont fare all that well.

MNS will manage to split 'marathi manoos' votes again and benefit the Congress. MNS might also manage a few seats, not too many but mostly in single digits.

Shiv Sena BJP will win seats but not as much as last time around. Again the MNS angle will benefit Congress.
Old August 31st, 2009, 01:34 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Without a doubt.....Kaangress/NCP.

That also with thumping majority.
Old August 31st, 2009, 01:40 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Kangress / NCP combine will win again. I can even predict the score

Kangress : 75 +
NCP : 60+
Shiv Sena : 72 +
BJP : 30
Seculars & Opportunists : 10

That way the Kangress + NCP will have 135 which will easily help them form a govt. SS and BJP will bet about 105 seats which means another spell of opposition. I think MNS may not get any seats.
Old August 31st, 2009, 02:33 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

one of my friend asked me how much time does it take for a man to become a crorepati,I said depends on the work he does and the effort he puts and his luck but still it may take a few years unless he wins a lottery.
He replied no it takes a few pegs more and in minutes the man becomes crorepati.

We can apply the same thing here and predict who will win

But I think this time the elections in Maharashtra would be unpredictable becoz of Raj Thackrey,saale me dum hi boss uska bol-bachan ! kya speech deta hi,and that too logically talks for the moment you think you ar listening to Osho and will accept whatever he says as true,Congress ki to barobar se baja dega woh
Old August 31st, 2009, 02:36 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Congress ki to barobar se baja dega woh
abe woh cong ke nahi shiv sena ke vote khane wala hai.
Old August 31st, 2009, 02:42 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
abe woh cong ke nahi shiv sena ke vote khane wala hai.
Shivsena ka to khayega hi khayega par congress ka vote bhi todega,BC aaj ke tarik mei mujhe nahi lagta uske jaisa dynamic leader hi Maharashtra ke paas.Aur upar se uske sar par Sharad Pawar ka haath hi aur woh Sharad Pawar ko hi GPL de dega
Old August 31st, 2009, 07:01 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Who will win the maharashtra assembly elections

Okay here is MNS policy for upcoming polls -

Quote:

Raj wary of Uddhav as CM
S Balakrishnan , TNN 1 September 2009, 03:00am IST

MUMBAI: The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS), led by Raj Thackeray, will be facing its first assembly elections not with a positive agenda but a negative game-plan of ensuring that the Shiv Sena does not come anywhere near power. The Sena has decided that if it and its ally, the BJP, come to power, Uddhav Thackeray will be the chief minister. That is one prospect which his cousin Raj would like to avoid at all cost. The enmity between the two Thackerays is already very intense and expected to grow in bitterness in the run-up to the polls.

Raj, who is also championing the cause of the Marathi manoos, demonstrated stunningly in the Lok Sabha polls that he could inflict major damage on the Sena. In Mumbai South, the Sena's Mohan Rawle, who was a five-time MP, was relegated to third position, with the MNS's Bala Nandgaonkar emerging second after the Congress's Milind Deora. The MNS secured 8% of the total vote in Mumbai, significant for a three-year-old party.

Uddhav says the MNS is only interested in dividing Marathi votes. He has said that after the LS polls, thousands of Marathis came to him and said they erred in voting for the MNS and promised to back his party in the assembly elections.

Senior MNS leader Shweta Parulkar, who quit the MNS and joined the Sena, said Marathi voters have decided not to be divided by the MNS. "In fact, Marathi voters will back the Sena with a vengeance this time around,'' she said.

But Sena insiders said the party should take the MNS challenge seriously. "The MNS may be organisationally very weak vis-a-vis the Sena, but Raj's charisma more than makes up for this drawback. The Sena should counter this,'' a Sena functionary observed.

Congress sources confirmed that their party would use the MNS to weaken the Sena.

LINK
So all of you who were thinking that Raj was just a stupid and regionalist against North Indians, think again. He is very clever and is out to get himself in the power circle.
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Junior eCharchan

maya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond repute

I have polled for Congress+NCP since i think the Maharashtra people are too dumb to do any act of changing the Govt. in the state, as seen in the LS elections.....the only thing they are good at is doing or reciting some western cultures in the city when ever anything happens and pack the bag and go to goa or some other place to spend money in the weekends and holidays.....which i think the election day is no excuse....
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya View Post
I have polled for Congress+NCP since i think the Maharashtra people are too dumb to do any act of changing the Govt. in the state, as seen in the LS elections.....the only thing they are good at is doing or reciting some western cultures in the city when ever anything happens and pack the bag and go to goa or some other place to spend money in the weekends and holidays.....which i think the election day is no excuse....
you do seem to have a most fascinating style aaf putting your views across.. care to explen bhat u meen by "reciting or doing western cultures" ? i know the desis are very good at doing the westren cultures but i just want to make sure you are meanings the same things that i am meanings also

thank you for kind consideration. eagerly awaiting you to do the needful.

Last edited by razzrhino; September 24th, 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old September 24th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya View Post
that way the whole fucking indian junta is dumb for re-electing congress in ls elections...
Old September 24th, 2009, 11:05 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
that way the whole fucking indian junta is dumb for re-electing congress in ls elections...
no no no not the whole... only the ones who voted for congress.
Old September 24th, 2009, 11:08 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanfanabhi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
no no no not the whole... only the ones who voted for congress.
No.. no. shakti, milan is right. If you don't vote against congress, you are as good as tilting the scale in favour of congress by simply abstaining.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old September 25th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Junior eCharchan

maya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond reputemaya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
you do seem to have a most fascinating style aaf putting your views across.. care to explen bhat u meen by "reciting or doing western cultures" ? i know the desis are very good at doing the westren cultures but i just want to make sure you are meanings the same things that i am meanings also

thank you for kind consideration. eagerly awaiting you to do the needful.
well when i am referring to the recitings or western cultures i mean (in a view) the celebrations taken out or done after the Mumbai incident....this is the main thing i was referring too and also holding some discussions which go no where purely for giving some job to dumb politicians and news channels.....
Old September 25th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Junior eCharchan

yes not the whole Indian people Milan bhai only the people who have voted for the Congress & allies.....